Join us November 7-8 2018, at the Best Western Agate Beach Inn in Newport, Oregon for the 2018 Coastal Cutthroat Trout Symposium. The format will include two days of oral presentations, discussions, and a poster session with some hands-on opportunities to explore newly available assessment data. Join your colleagues and experts on the subspecies from state, federal, and tribal agencies, Universities and NGO’s. Together we will:
- Advance the conservation and sustainable management of Coastal Cutthroat Trout by sharing information and knowledge gained since the 2005 Coastal Cutthroat Trout Symposium;
- Identify and enhance essential knowledge on trout life history and ecology;
- Provide the latest assessments of the status of populations coast-wide with emphasis on anadromous populations;
- Define and seek solutions to the problems associated with cutthroat trout management;
- Discuss the future of Coastal Cutthroat Trout and advance the development of a coordinated, range-wide conservation plan including data sharing.
Session topics include Status and Management; Evolution, Taxonomy, and Genetics; Biology, Habitat, and Ecology, and the Future of Conservation of Coastal Cutthroat Trout. These sessions closely replicate the excellent program established for the 1995 Coastal Cutthroat Trout Symposium, allowing for new information to be compared to the state of our knowledge 23 years ago. We will reflect on what we are doing right and what we can do to improve and enhance our efforts to understand and better manage and conserve this important sub-species.